- Kirkus Indie Reviewer • February 2014-Present
Read and concisely review independently published books.
• Contributing Writer • August 2013-Present
Articles and creator interviews in the Comics section.
• Contributing Writer • December 2011-Present
Contribute a monthly column, Comic Conversion, comparing prose novels with graphic novel adaptations.
Digital Manga Publishing
• Editor • October 2011-2013
Edit and localize text translated to English from Japanese, checking for grammatical mistakes and consistency. Write cover copy. Titles include The Color of the Clear Blue Sky; Chayamachi’s Collection: Noir.
• Staff Reviewer • May 2011 – Present
Reviews of manga, comics, and anime.
• Staff Reviewer • September 2010 – May 2011 (Moved with editor to The Fandom Post)
Write reviews of manga (Japanese comics) to be hosted on the website.
• Editorial Intern • June 2007-August 2007
Conducted interviews and research to write feature articles for The Pulse Magazine, an entertainment and lifestyle periodical, including an article showcasing Streaming New England, a video website, and wrote feature articles for periodical. Called advertisers, acquired research for articles. Articles include: PulseFLICKS College, Facing Freshman Year, “Streaming New England”.
Lesley University Cambridge, MA Master of Fine Arts January 2013
A low-residency program for Creative Writing with a focus on Writing for Young People.
Colby Sawyer College New London, NH Bachelor of Arts May 2008 GPA: 3.74
Received a BA in English with a minor in Writing for Publication. A member of the Wesson Honor’s Program and Alpha Chi.